Things to Know
Introduction To Bulgaria
The Cyrillic Alphabet & Bulgarian Language
Bulgarian Food & Cuisine
Beauty in the past of Bulgaria
Figures of Plovdiv
History of Plovdiv
Traditions & NameDays
International Kissing Day
International Kissing Day
7/6/2016 11:00:00 AM
Today is International Kissing Day or World Kiss Day. As the author of The Science of Kissing, what better way to celebrate than to share some fascinating facts about kissing:
• The earliest literary evidence for kissing comes from India’s Vedic Sanskrit texts, dating back 3,500 years.
• A passionate kiss can make our pupils dilate – probably one reason so many of us close our eyes.
• Two-thirds of us tilt our heads to the right when we kiss, and it’s not correlated with right-handedness.
• A man is far more likely to prefer sloppy tongue kisses than a woman. The added testosterone from his saliva may serve to enhance her libido over time.
• We are not the only species to engage in kissing-like behaviors. Great apes press their lips together to express excitement, affection, or reconciliation.
• In studies, people remember more of the details about a first kiss than first sexual experience.
• Kissing works like a drug in our bodies, and can promote dopamine – the same neurotransmitter stimulated from addictive drugs like cocaine.
• Our lips are packed with sensitive nerve endings so even a slight brush can send a cascade of pleasurable signals to the brain encouraging us to continue under the right circumstances.
March 27 - International Day of Theater
3/27/2017 8:00:00 AM
March 27th is celebrated each year arounf the world as the International Day of Theater.
BLAGOVESHTENIE (ANNUNCIATION DAY)
3/25/2017 9:00:00 AM
Name day of everyone named Blagovest/à, Blagoy, Blaga, Vangel, Evangelina, Bonka.Ritual table: fish (baked or boiled), flat cake, onion pastry.
March 22nd – World Day of Water
3/22/2017 8:00:00 AM
The World Day of Water has been appointed by a decision of the UN Ecology and Development Conference in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, on June 1992.
Spring is here !
3/20/2017 4:00:00 PM
Spring is here
March 20 – International Francophony Day
3/20/2017 10:00:00 AM
The first "sommet de la Francophonie" took place in Paris in 1986. About 44 countries took part in it.
The German genius Rudolph Diesel was born on that day back in 1858
3/18/2017 10:00:00 AM
Although Diesel was born in Paris, his parents were German. His father was a leather craftsman, and his mother a governess and language tutor. Rudolf was a good student in primary s...
Today is the Holocaust Day and the Victims of Crimes against Humanity Day
3/10/2017 10:00:00 AM
Bulgaria commemorates today “The Holocaust Day and the Victims of Crimes against Humanity Day”, appointed by a decree of the BG Ministerial Council on Feb.13th, 2003, which was celebrated for the first time ever that same year.
International Women’s Day
3/8/2017 9:00:00 AM
Bulgaria marks The International Women’s Day – March 8
3/4/2017 10:00:00 AM
Name day of everyone named Todor, Todorka, Teodor/a, Theo, Dora.
March 3rd - the National Day of Bulgaria
3/3/2017 8:00:00 AM
What happened on that day and how long has it been celebrated? The San Stefano Peace Treaty between Russia and the Ottoman Empire was signed on February 19th (March 3rd, ...